Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy things; sidenote included


It's July. JULY. Holy warp speed, Batman.

 July is one of my favorite months. There are a few months of the year that I especially look forward to {most of these favorites revolve around holidays... funny how that works out} and this one makes the cut.

 This month: there's ample time for vacationing; the happiest of hours are spent outside with cold drinks & good company; base tans have been established leaving skin everywhere with a lovely summer glow; fireworks are involved and welcomed with open  fire arms... and life is good. Yep, I love me some July.

More things I love about July, in no particular order--


-- Spending time by the pool, going to the river, or just soaking up some sun. See that skin? That's the lovely summer glow I was talking about before. In June it's just getting started. But in July...


-- Summertime food. See: fresh fruit, homegrown veggies, anything on the grill, and Maryland crabs. All of the above taste especially better when eaten outside at any time of the day. 

 

-- This guy. He comes from Honduras home in 27 days!!! This makes me love, love, LOVE July. 
S, if you're reading this, Skype me maybe.
 

In conclusion, Happy July, little fireworks.


{Link up with Savannah & Ashlee to share photos this Monday!}

---

Side note: I was so happy to hear that you ladies can appreciate the excitement of a handwritten letter as much as I can.  A few little birdies told me that you may be wanting to get in on that good ol' fashioned mail action!? One little birdie, Jessie, suggested that I should host a pen pal blogger swap of some sort... what do you think? 

Well, it is July, so I obviously loved the idea.

Here's my plan: If you would like to write & receive letters, to & from a fellow blogger, all you have to do is send me an email or simply say so in the comment box after this post and I will figure out the rest! Once I see who would wants to play along and unleash their inner pen pal, I'll send out a little informational email to you ladies & randomly match you up with another blogger to start writing! Kapeesh?

I'm actually really excited for this! Please tell me you weren't joking around before. I know you all totally want pen pals. Anyone else feel like we're in fourth grade again? No, just me? How appropriate...



11 comments:

Ashleigh Nichole said...

I love summer & fall they both ate my favorite seasons! I can find tons of things I do during both to write tons on. I love all your goodies for summer they are on my list of loves!

The Sweet Life said...

skype me maybe...love it. I also love the summer glow that you speak of...love me a tan!! I'm actually heading to the beach on Thursday and I cannot wait to soak up some rays. Happy Monday!

Miss Mary said...

I would love to be in on your pen pal swap. I love this sort of thing! Fun!

Abbey said...

Well you know I'm in, of course :)

Anonymous said...

Summer days by the pool are the best! I want to lay by the pool all day, boo for work.

LWLH said...

I'm still trying to work on my summer glow :)

Ariel Tyler Henley said...

I can't even believe it's already July! So crazy!

Jenzeestyle said...

penpals just another thing i love.
count me in.

Joey Hodges said...

I'm usually more of a fall girl, so I'm making it a huge point to simply ENJOY the heat and all that comes with summer. And who doesn't love a pool day?

Also, I would love to participate in your pen pal swap if you're still doing it! Glad I stumbled upon your blog :)

Savanah said...

spending time at the pool is one of my favorite things about summer too!!!
Thanks for linking up!

Jessie said...

I would love to do the pen pal swap