All signs point to a Friday's letters post today.
For one, I am expecting my third letter from ST to arrive today, and I will run the mail lady down to get that letter if the situation presents itself. We've talked about my love for mail before, right? This love becomes exponentially larger when we're talking about love letters.

{We're on week three today, people! Only four more to go...}
Speaking of love letters, yesterday I finished a book called The Wednesday Letters. It was a NY Times Bestseller a few years back; a credential that makes me immediately believe good things about a book, even without reading the back cover. Fact. The premise of the story revolves around a man who writes his wife letters on every Wednesday of their marriage, {love it already} and their family only finds out about the letters after they both pass away. I was so caught up in this story, I finished the book in a few hours... go read!
From both of those obvious signs above, I'd say it's time for me to write my own letters, if I may.
Dear Friday, Let me start with you. I love when you arrive. You typically never fail me & bring along the most fabulous couple of days to follow you. Keep doing your thing, Friday. Dear ST, I can't believe it's been three weeks already! Actually, yes I can. You know it's the 4th of July next week, right? Your favorite. You know me though... I love every holiday, so I will say it's my favorite, but then I'll just repeat the same excitement on Labor Day, and again on Halloween. Predictable. Dear 4th, I'm kind of sad you land on a Wednesday next week. I am willing to forgive you, however. I get to see some fireworks this Saturday, and I suppose I really don't mind celebrating a little early. Dear east coast weather, Keep up the good work. I applaud you, and so does my summer glow. Dear chalkboard paint, Is there nothing that you cannot transform into cuteness? You're the best invention ever. Your wonder will be shared all over my future apartment, in various forms. Dear readers, I am serious about how much I love snail mail. It can brighten up your whole day, I tell ya! Email, schme-mail. Wanna be pen pals? I'm down. {You just gotta send me one of those schme-mails first.}


9 comments:
I hope your love letter arrives today! I liked your Friday letters, especially the one about the 4th of July...why the heck does it need to be on a Wednesday? I love making 3 or 4 day weekends out of it. Lame.
Also - I'm a total sucker for snail mail. I wish people would use it more too!!
Dude. I would love to be your penpal, if you were serious. I got matched up with a penpal on a blog a few months ago. I sent her a letter, she answered, I sent her another... and now it's probably been two months with no word back. So sad!
happy friday! I am loving chalkboard paint too!! :))
Loving this post! The signs are totally obvious - you were meant to write these letters today! I love every holiday too but yeah, what a bummer about the 4th being right in the middle of the week... I still don't know what my plans are, ha!
Your nails look so pretty in that picture and yes, this weather is just great! I plan to get some sun this weekend :)
Wednesday letters.. gotta check that one out! happy weekend!
I'm already planning a chalkboard wall for our new house.
Ill have to add this book to my must read lists, sounds pretty interesting. Hope you got those fireworks and enjoy the 4th July celebrations :)
I'm putting that book on my Summer To Read list thanks for the share! I would love to do a pen pal. I'm thinking you should host a pen pal swap??? Let us know
aww i hope you got a nice juicy love letter in the mail!! I love holidays too - i'm convinced every one is my favorite!! and totally agree - east coast is rocking it out with the weather this year!
Post a Comment