Monday, June 25, 2012

You've got mail


Dear weekend,

You were pretty fabulous. 


You were full of beautiful scenery and one of my favorite cities.


You were surrounded with amazing company, happy conversations, and sentimental moments. You also brought along a bittersweet goodbye to one of the best friends as she goes off to teach for a year in India. {Kel, I am so proud of you! Miss you already.}


You were so crafty. Thanks for giving me some time to cross off the DIY parts of my bucket list, weekend. You know I love me some arts & crafts... and chalk board paint.


You were full of laughs and great food; true summertime necessities.

    

Some of that great food came in carry-out boxes and was washed down with Lauren's homemade sangria. Remind me-- why did I ever let her go home, again?


You even added a summer birthday-- a cherry on top of all that wonderfulness up there.


You make me wish you never left. You were one of the best kinds of weekends.


Love, me.


What were you ladies up to this weekend?

8 comments:

Lacy in the Sky with Diapers said...

Such great pictures!! And I have been wanting to get some chalkboard paint and do some projects!! Thanks for the motivation!! xoxo

Kelly said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! The photo of you girls is just beautiful (love your friend's white dress, 2nd from the left!) The chalkboard paint crafts look SO cool!!

Ashley said...

Ok, so I have SOO been wanting to do that with the chalkboard paint. I gotta put this on my DIY project list!

Katie said...

I need to do that with chalkboard paint too! How did the glasses turn out? looks like a perfect weekend!

Ashley said...

Sounds like you had THE perfect summer weekend! I love that chalkboard paint -- perfect for entirely too many projects :) Those little baby flower pots are adorable, I should try using those to organize office supplies/little cosmetics in the bathroom!

Fash Boulevard said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec I'd love to hear your thoughts on my interview for College Lifestyles magazine. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

this is a seriously good weekend - good food, good friend and productivity. doesnt get much better than that! ahhh summer!

henning love said...

looks like you had an awesome weekend! is that sangria with chinese food? can i come join you this weekend so we can have as much as you did this past weekend?