Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tasty

 

I’m about to get all kinds of tasty up in this Tuesday.

152 153

154 157

As of late, I’ve been trying to eat a little healthier, get a bit more active, and stray away from some of my not-so-good eating habits that naturally surface to a used-to-be college senior’s daily routine.

I have always loved eating healthy to a certain extent—meaning that I also love me some potato chips and ice cream, but I can also crave healthy, natural foods. I may not be a labeled vegetarian, vegan, or paleo, but I am someone who understands that good foods make your body feel… good. I want that for my own body this summer, and for the long term. Who wouldn’t?

Fruits, veggies; I know the basic healthy deal. To spice it up a bit, lately, I’m all about the wraps. Taking a whole wheat {or acting all crazy and grabbing the “regular”} flour tortilla, spreading on some hummus, and going to town with cucumbers, mushrooms, avocados, lettuce, onions, etc. before wrapping it all up for lunch. It might not seem like anything spectacular, but I would be lying if I said it wasn’t de-lish AND nu-trish!

I’m not making a lifestyle change or anything here, but I am always open to hearing more about foods that can naturally benefit your life—and your bikini bod.

Are there any foods you LOVE that you keep on your health-nut menu? Don’t be shy- share!

4 comments:

Sophie said...

these look amazing! i have been so inspired to eat healthy more regularly! but it's always hard to stick to it after two or more days haha.

twiggy@thedirtlife said...

ok, i don't love recipes generally, but i adore this.

we love the avocado!

Adriane said...

Hi there! I just found your blog and love it...so cute! So now I am your newest follower=) come by and say hello sometime if you have a chance!

Adriane @ fruitfulhomejournal.blogspot.com

The Sweet Life said...

That cucumber looks so yummy!