Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mornings


This morning looked a lot like ones before.




Tea in my favorite cup. Breakfast with fresh fruit. Reading time on the deck. I'm a morning person.

I've always been that way. I'm literally the only one in my family who got the "morning gene." {I'm also probably the only person on the planet who still takes out library books. Well, me and Carrie Bradshaw. Okay... just me.} Don't get me wrong, I still love me a good sleep, but waking up is an easy task for me... most of the time. With my inconsistent, and often unexpected, amount of free time this summer, "morning-person" has taken on a whole new meaning. We've really bonded over the last months, mornings and me. The morning sets the tone for my day, especially lately. Will I do something productive during the day, get a call for some work, or watch endless re-runs of One Tree Hill?  Eh, it depends.

I know that starting next month, I will hardly have any free time to myself once the early morning passes. Starting next month, I'll probably start to resent my alarm clock, the sunrise, and the monotonous morning routine. But, for now, I'm just going to have to take advantage of this bond between the morning and me.  For now, I'm off to sip, eat, and read this fine morning away.


{This morning, you should go say hi to Colleen. She's a newbie, and she'd love to meet ya.}


xo

8 comments:

Alyssa said...

Have no fear.. I'm still a library book reader :) although I am most definitly NOT a morning person.

Abbey said...

Girl, I'm all about library books! My sister's roommate recently got a library card, though, and thought she had to pay for it...

Stesha said...

I LOVE curling up with Nicholas Sparks!

xxS

Lindsey Nicole said...

OMG! I was just in the library yesterday thinking of doing a rant about how the libraries have gone down hill because nobody cares about them anymore...except me of course :) --- and you!

sohirach said...

yum, that look so, so, so good.


love the blog girl, can't wait to read more!

love, rach.
www.so--hi.blogspot.com

Jessie said...

I love waking up early & enjoying the early morning

Katie @ Lady Like said...

These pictures are fantastic. WOW am I excited to be following now :)

Katie
Lady Million

Nicole said...

We MUST be related because I am such a morning person as well - I love getting up, grabbing my cup of coffee and doing some reading. AND I still check out library books.