In a couple of days, I'm leaving for vacation with my family, so I'll be MIA for the next week. When I return, life starts to get a little bit crazy, ladies. And when I say crazy, I mean in the most exciting type of crazy in the book.
Why? A few reasons. The first:

This guy. You know, the man in black. S comes home from Honduras the day after I get home from the beach! Do you realize that seven weeks have almost passed since he left?! Seven. weeks. I'm so excited, I've decided to put my emotions into song... yeah, I'll spare you the horror. But really, the Johnny to my June shall return in TEN DAYS! Halle-freaking-lujah to finally nearing the end of the countdown.
Reason number two:
Exposed brick. Exposed brick, you say? Why would anyone be crazy excited on account of some gorgeous exposed brick? They probably wouldn't be, unless they were MOVING into a home with exposed brick... all over the place! That's right; this girl has found a home and is officially moving early next month! To say that I'm insanely thrilled for this next part of my life is an understatement. I can't wait to share more really soon. The facts right now: I'm moving to a city that I love, into a cute little row home that I also love, with a couple of people that I really love.
{Something bad is bound to happen, there's just too much loving going on right now...}
Speaking of which, ready for reason number three?

Big girl job. Yes, shortly after I get home, and exactly one day after I move into my new home, I start my first days as an official elementary school teacher!!! I know the weeks leading up to the first day of school {and the ones to follow} will be exhausting and nerve-racking, leading me to assume that the use of the term "free-time" will soon be limited and laughable. On the upside, I'm sure the stories I'm bound to collect in my new teacher adventures will make it all worth it. Ahem, cross those fingers.
There you have it. When I get home from the beach, all of these changes really start kicking in, and my life starts to get a little crazy; not to mention completely different.
I can't honestly tell you that I'm 100 percent ready, or that I'm not even the least bit scared, anxious, or nervous about everything happening soon because, well, that would be a complete lie. But, I will say that I know when I look back on this post in a year, I have a feeling I'll either smile or cry... and I'm feeling positive today, so I really hope it's the happier option.
And on that note, here's to hoping I didn't just jinx all of my current happiness.
4 comments:
AHHHH this post just makes me so happy!! Such exciting times ahead for you. Soak it all up!!
Exposed brick?! Dang girl, you have me so jealous!! hah that is my absolute favoriteeee. That, along with EVERYTHING else in this post!! :) :)
Eeeeee!! SO excited for you, love! You have so much to be proud of and so much to look forward to. That house already sounds amazing! Can't wait to hear more about the big move [and of course, can't wait until we can hang out again!] xoxo
Wow lots of very exciting things happening!!! Congrats!!
Post a Comment