Happy 5th of July, ladies! Hope your midweek 4th wasn't a total fake out.
I'm celebrating America in awkward & awesome ways this Thursday... it's been a while.
Let's begin with the awesome, shall we?
-- Having a random day in the middle of the week to wear anything red, white and/or blue in your closet, drink delicious bevs, and stay outside all the livelong day.
-- Any excuse to celebrate. America's birthday being a pretty darn good excuse.
-- Celebrating before, during, and soon-to-be after the 4th due to it's Wednesday appearance.
-- Watching fireworks on a deck with some vino and friends.
-- Being able to sleep in on the morning after the Fourth's festivities and enjoy yet another day off.
-- Being able to sleep in on the morning after the Fourth's festivities and enjoy yet another day off.
And the awkward, because we all know that's equally {if not more} frequent...
-- Being lazy in the sun all day before the fireworks, and then watching fireworks with friends on the deck, but as a major third wheel and romantic-firework-watching ruiner.
-- Any, and every, conversation with my mom about her excitement to read Fifty Shades on our upcoming vaca.
-- Any, and every, conversation with my mom about her excitement to read Fifty Shades on our upcoming vaca.
-- Accidentally telling S via Skype that I want to get married on the 4th because it's "pretty & sparkly", after a few bevs were consumed.
-- Going to my closet on the morning of the 4th only to find a lack of red, white, and/or blue outfit choices; therefore making it appropriate to wear a red bathing suit underneath my something-blue all day long... even if I was not around a body of water.
-- Attempting to wear a bit of blue eyeshadow in the spirit of the holiday, only to realize I looked like a patriotic middle schooler.
Happy belated birthday, 'Merica!
3 comments:
I love the outfit choice! I so would have done the same thing.
And I love the idea of getting married on the 4th of July so you can have a fireworks show. I tried to pull that one off myself but one of our venues didn't work out.
Haha...it's awkward hearing any older people talk about 50 Shades....ick...lol :)
Love all of the patriotic colors! those nails are fabulous!
xo
Alison
heartofgoldandluxury.blogspot.com
Post a Comment