Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Another one bites the dust!


I've got some pretty exciting news today, but first I just want to get real with you all for a quick sec...

Sometimes, I wonder why I blog. 

Do you ever stop and just ask yourself, why am I doing this? Who the heck is actually reading my nonsense each day? My life is really not that interesting, so who really cares?

The most important people in my real life know that I have a blog, but so many have no idea. For a while, I had a hard time sharing my blog link on my other social media profiles-- it was almost as if I wanted to keep this part of my life a secret. Like it was super weird for me to have a blog. My blog friends and my real-life friends couldn't and shouldn't mix. Right? I didn't really want anyone to know, other than my close friends and family. Yet, despite my insecurities, I still did it. I still kept blogging.

{This guy is used to my weirdness, so he's my number one supporter. Just look at that face-- pure pride.}

Now, it's almost been a year of posting regularly. I've met some blog friends in real life, and gotten close with ones I've never met. I recently got my 300th amazing follower and almost fainted. I'm still writing often. I'm still documenting my life. I still love it, and I'm finally getting more comfortable sharing it.

Yes, sometimes I wonder why I blog, but then something or someone makes me realize that if you like doing something, you should keep doing it. Now, the main reason I'm posting about this today is because of one of my friends who has always read, loved, and supported this blog of mine. I am so happy that she has officially started her own blog! She's kind of reaffirmed my love for blogging, and I'm beyond excited to have her in this little world. I'm even more excited to give her a proper debut--

Meet Colleen, the newest lady to enter the blogosphere.


Can you guess which royal highness I'm speaking of? 
{She's the blonde, in case you're totally lost.}

Colleen is a crazy runner who's currently blogging about training for her marathon this fall, as well as everything in between. And if you haven't noticed, she's also a princess and has been in my life since before I could read.

Oh, and did I mention she's hilarious? Girlfriend is always a good time.


No doubt, you'll probably love her as much as I do. I can't wait to read about all of her adventures.


Now leave this page immediately and go show her some blog love.


And, as always, thanks for stopping by. Means the world.


xoxo






8 comments:

Ashley said...

I feel the same way about blogging too, so you are not alone :) but I continue to blog because I just love reading other people's blogs and would miss it if I stopped! thanks for the honest post today girl! xoxo

Unknown said...

Love this post, I feel the same way!

Have a great week!

Lauren said...

I felt the same way when I first started out! :) You're awesome girl! Share that blog with the world! Haha... speaking of sharing! I have a sponsor post up right now with 3 sponsor spots left if you're interested!!!

xo

Samantha Shepherd said...

I'll have to go check out her blog. I love finding new blogs!

alisialynn said...

I can totally relate to how you feel. I still have trouble sharing on my own social media sights other than my very close family and friends. And I don't know why.
Yay for real life friends becoming part of your {blog} world!

xx, alisia e
http://alisialynn.blogspot.com/

CM said...

AHH! Oh my goodness. Thanks for the intro- mainly the pic. too good for words.Thanks for all the love and support. And no matter what you have to keep blogging bc you know Papa J, S, and I will always be your loyal readers=) xxxx

Ana Mattos said...

You described exatcly how I feel about blogging. Mine is still kind of a "secret". A little getaway where I can share with the world things I already share with the people I love.
Will check out your friends blog and welcome her to this world!

xoxo

Nicole said...

I still, to this day, have a hard time sharing my blog link on my other social media accounts. I'm not sure why that is, but it's the truth. Maybe I'm embarrassed or maybe I'm just scared to reveal so many more intimate things than what I do on FB/Instagram/Twitter. My blog is my outlet, and I think it's natural to fear that others will judge and critique our thoughts. Hopefully one day I'll get over this completely :)