Monday, February 13, 2012

Going out on a limb


I’m starting off the week with some gumption and inspiration. Here goes--

What would you think if I asked you to consider sponsoring my blog… but not exactly for me?

---

Blog sponsoring is something that I’ve been open to doing, on a totally free or “swapping” type of basis. I love promoting other great blogs on my own blog and I appreciate that so many of you love to do the same. My blog is definitely not a business by any means, it’s just an outlet and space for me to document, talk, and share things about my life.

Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about, and writing a lot about, {here, here, and here} my recent service trip to Honduras. As a student teacher who can’t wait to have a classroom of my own, I want so badly to finish building the school project that we started over there, Pimientera Elementary. The children of Pimientera deserve an education just as much as any child anywhere. Since getting back from Honduras, everyone in our chapter of Students Helping Honduras has been doing everything they can to save, fundraise, and donate towards this project.  We have a goal to raise ALL of the money to finish building the school—all $25,000 worth. It’s a big goal and a long shot, but it’s not impossible.  

That’s when I had this idea. I had an idea that maybe I could spread the word about fundraising for Pimientera Elementary through my little spot in the blog world. Yes, I realize that it is a little spot, and I know that I don’t have thousands of followers or anything, but this is something truly at the heart of my life, so I’m taking a chance for the kids in asking for your support…

 {How amazing is this video? I've watched it 298,254 times.}


Would you consider sponsoring The Heart of Life for the month of March if I told you that your sponsorship donation would go straight to a donation in YOUR name to the cause? In other words, your sponsorship isn’t benefiting me, it’s benefitting the kids you see in these pictures. Here’s the other partYOU can chose your donation for sponsorship. I’m not kidding, if you want to donate one dollar to this cause, I will put your button up on my page and give your blog a spotlight proudly! {I’m not messing around when I say that every little bit counts.}

I’ve seen so many great connections and felt amazing support first-hand since I started to blog. I don’t want this post to sound like solicitation by any means, I just genuinely thought this would be a great outlet to make a difference together.  Is this type of sponsorship something you would be interested in? Feel free to be honest! If not, I appreciate you so much for even reading this post {and for stopping by at all!}

image

Click the SPONSOR tab up top for more specific info. I’d love to hear from you. Send me an email if you want to know more about sponsoring for a cause, about building Pimientera Elementary, or even about getting involved. Again, this is a trial run; an honest idea. If you are interested in sponsoring, I look forward to working with you to help make a difference for these kids! Even if you’re totally uninterested, but maybe you have ideas related to getting the word out—share away!


As always, thanks so much for stopping by and reading. Your comments and thoughts really DO mean so much.


Have a great week, ladies.

xoxo

2 comments:

Al said...

I think is a BEAUTIFUL idea and cause! Well done, you! I am a teacher and can totally appreciate what you're doing and the life you'll be undertaking when you step into your own classroom...

Count me in!!
xoxo

Unknown said...

What an awesome idea. I would love to sponsor you!