Monday, February 20, 2012

Dear Mr. President(s)


George and Abe, I think I speak for all teachers out there when I say, oh how I love thee.

One thing that all teachers have in common: the days off. While I will openly and whole-heartedly report first-hand that teachers do not always receive the respect, credit, and/or pay that they so obviously deserve, {as demonstrated by their general patience, hard work, and overall exhaustion for nurturing children all day, every day} the part that kind of makes that stuff more tolerable is the off-days.

The only problem with that statement is the fact that teachers, and especially student-teachers, are always searching for other sources of income when school isn’t in session. Extra cash-flow becomes more necessary during summer break, but hey, a girl’s gotta eat—even on a random day off like Presidents' Day.  Any opportunity for extra money is welcomed… within reason, of course.  As much as I loathed waking up early when I could’ve typically ignored my alarm today, I knew that accepting a day-job to watch one of the pre-schoolers that I used to teach when I worked at the CYC would definitely pay off in my favor. Literally.

Welcome to my Presidents' Day—

007
Obviously, a cup of coffee was necessary if I wanted to survive keeping up with my four year-old friend...for nine hours.

006
Little buddy finally saw my pretty present from SanTa {emphasis on the ST} and showed me his new beauty, as well. Then, he insisted on snapping pics… of everything. All day. Obviously, I happily excepted this challenge.

008
Looks like a little blogger, right?!

014
A well-balanced, kid-friendly lunch is good for the soul.

011

010
Arts & crafts time is Miss K’s favorite time, FYI.




As is closing time.


Back to the grind tomorrow. Buuut, another exciting surprise awaits later this week—Thursday is a day off for me, yet again! Sad to say, this day won’t be spent taking silly pictures OR drawing with crayons. Nope, instead, I have my first job fair and interview session! I get nervous just typing that. Ugh. More on that soon, ladies.


Did you have “off” today? Even if you didn’t, I hope your Monday was anything but manic.


xoxo

11 comments:

Denise said...

I like your artwork :)

Unknown said...

Besides one class, I did have an off day! Coloring is seriously one of my favorite things to do. I beg the kids to color with me, ha! It's therapeutic!

Raquel said...

Ahhh you're so lucky you had the day off today!

Maggie said...

DId you know it depends on what state you are in how you actually acknowledge President's Day? Apparently, it was originally for George, and then people got mad because the day changed too far away from his real birthday. And then some people didn't think the holiday should be just for Abe and George because what about the other 50? But some states still only acknowledge him (legally) but you know what I say? Celebrate whatever you want because I love me any Monday off!

Katie said...

Awww looks like a fun day! I don't really get off days anymore, since I'm a stay at home mom... some days I wish I did though :) Good luck at the job fair!!

Kristen Danielle said...

Wow. Good for you for working on your day off!
I work at a school as well, and the kids didn't come today, but the staff had professional development all day. Boo! :/

I love your artwork! I, too, am a Miss. K! :) Although, the kids at work call me KK (my initials are K.K.) :)

Looks like you a fun day with your 4 year old!! :)

xoxo

kelsie tribble said...

Visiting from Mingle Monday and a new follower! I hope you have an awesome week!

www.kelsiefennell.blogspot.com

Sandy a la Mode said...

love the pic of little one and camera!! those are the cutest!

Bree said...

Looks like you had fun on your day off :) Good luck with your job fair!

CALLIE said...

Unfortunately I did not have yesterday off... boo!!!

But good luck on Thursday!!!

Kelly said...

Awww, how cute :-D What wonderful photos!! Love your art work ;-)