Sunday, December 1, 2013

early resolutions


It's absolutely the holiday season. I spent the entire weekend eating, drinking, and being merry, just as I'm sure you all did. And I ended the weekend adding some magic, twinkle, and sparkle to my house by adding a few decorations, just as I bet you did, too.


I love the sparkle, twinkle, and holiday cheer, I'm just really still stuck on all of that food! Or maybe it's stuck on me? Last year in December, I started eating "clean." In fact, on the day we went to chop down a tree, we made a "clean" pumpkin smoothie in an attempt to be festive and healthy at the same time, of course.

I want that again. Eating healthy does a body good and, well, right now this body of mine feels tired, full, and pale. Anybody else feel me? I know it's December; a month filled with sugar cookies, pies, and sodium. I just really want to give clean-eating another try. I'm going to let myself enjoy the holiday treats, of course, but I also want to try to eat healthier and exercise more frequently. I owe that to my body, inside and out.


So, you may think I'm crazy, but my month of December will now officially be -- Operation: Happy and Healthy. Better yet, I've turned it into a personal monthly project, and I'd love for you to join:




Now, again, I know there will be times when I will have to eat that sugar cookie. Holiday parties and celebrations are inevitable, but the rest I think I can handle. I'm going to try new "clean" recipes, try new workouts, and attempt to share the ups, downs, cheats, and successes with you.

Of course, this would be pretty lonely to go through alone. S has already said he'd try it with me, but we'll see how long he lasts... 


Now, are YOU with me? Healthy loves company!

1 comment:

JumpingJE said...

So with you! The non-stop baked goods at the office are a TRAP if you don't have a solid game plan. Go girl!