2013 was a good year, and I'll give you 13 reasons why.
one | I made it through the first year and a half of living in, and loving, this city.
two | One of my best friends from high school had a beautiful baby girl and my love for photography started growing; so did my goals for where this new love could go.
three | S and I went on some new adventures... and hikes.
four | In 2013, this little lady grew up so much, and I loved getting to take plenty of pictures of her along the way.
five | I crossed something big off of my bucket list when I traveled to Nashville + fell in love with the city!
six | Lauren + I visited Burlington, VT, where I realized that there is so much of this beautiful country I want to see in 2014.
seven | Of course, I spent plenty of time loving the beauty and favorite spots of my own state. (Runaway Bride, anyone?)
eight | I was the happiest hostess to a few birthdays, events, and celebrations --
Sam & Lauren's birthday fiesta, Scarf Exchange, Friendsgiving, summer cookouts, etc.
Sam & Lauren's birthday fiesta, Scarf Exchange, Friendsgiving, summer cookouts, etc.
nine | We watched the Ravens win the Super Bowl and celebrated on the streets of Baltimore!
ten | I visited New Jersey over the summer to spend time with great friends in their beach town.
eleven | My dad proved that he really is a super hero when he miraculously survived a heart attack and emergency surgery and made a fantastic recovery.
twelve | One of my best friends returned from her year-long stay in India and my best girlfriends from college surprised her at the airport for her homecoming. Best feeling ever.
thirteen | I made it through my first year and a half of teaching and can still thankfully, honestly say that I love what I do.
--
2013 was a great year filled with even greater memories. Looking back on these pictures makes me even more excited for the plans, goals, and memories that 2014 will bring. I start the new year by turning a year older a few days later, so January always feels like a fresh start. I have big plans for 2014 already, and it hasn't even begun. One of my biggest goals for this new year is to start living out my passions, dreams, and goals that I usually push aside with excuses of "in the future" or "maybe next year..."
Next year is now.
2014, you have big shoes to fill, but I always welcome new shoes.
3 comments:
You did SO much this year, girl! And I seriously am so impressed with all of your gorgeous pictures - you have a LOT of talent. Fingers crossed 2014 blows all expectations out of the water for you! xox
I started reading so late this year, can't wait to stick around for 2014!
Hope your twenty fourteen rocks!
Post a Comment