Monday, December 9, 2013

weekend wrap-up

It was a snowy weekend, a cozy weekend, and a really great weekend.

 photo a0b9065d-8b45-42cc-8f62-2b79d76c32fd_zps3ef85251.jpg photo b9ce43a7-4153-4420-ba71-dbca5414f2a4_zps8ca6e7fb.jpg

I starting reading a new book, which I never seem to have time to do anymore. I spent time at a Barnes and Noble, got a little bit of work done, but mostly just enjoyed browsing through books. I picked one out and started reading - I wish I had time to do that more often. This weekend, there was also fresh coffee and bacon and lots of sleeping-in.

 photo 84f9bd52-4ad1-4b1e-823d-3e733a5c8751_zps24e798b1.jpg photo ebbb7a15-07f6-4fcf-97e8-e3f40e371449_zps7baf7a0d.jpg

There was a beautiful Christmas tree that I can't get enough of, and an infinity scarf that I can't seem to get enough of, either. I wore the scarf to a performance of The Nutcracker, where I realized it's definitely beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.

 photo 0af14ab1-5a4b-4fb8-9712-59cab6246175_zps002598ce.jpg photo ba716f41-d24b-4d0f-af4a-8e00b4f6a3cd_zps2bab15c6.jpg

A date night happened on Friday, with lots of Meditteranean food and a Blue Moon or two. Gingerbread beer and homemade hummus - what could be better?

 photo 5b91473f-8eef-465a-b95a-aa86c61cb55c_zpsa5ed0f8c.jpg photo 3f4247de-52a1-4779-8778-3731ae9e3bdb_zps2f3d68c6.jpg

This weekend, there were homemade smoothies and there was the first snow of the season.
And last night, there was a pizza picnic on the floor, since all promises of eating healthy really fly out the window on snow days. There were holiday movies, blankets, and sugar-cookie scented candles. Most of all, there was a teacher anxiously checking her phone for alerts of delayed-openings or school closures...
So, I sincerely hope by the time you are reading this, I am still in my pajamas, sipping coffee, and in no rush to get to work. And I hope you are, too.

4 comments:

Heather Marie said...

I love being able to go to Barnes and noble and just read around' it's so fun. Reading is a pleasure I often too forget about.

brooke lyn said...

i got lost after you said bacon.

Allison said...

I love reading for fun - I hate that work can be so time consuming that it gets pushed aside. How is the book? And how is the Blue Moon gingerbread?! That sounds pretty phenomenal.
Miss you, girl. I'm sorry I'm horrific at keeping in touch. Looks like you've been up to so much cold-weather goodness! xox

Emily @ Martinis | Bikinis said...

Looks like a fun weekend indoors! I love Mediterranean food and I need to try that Gingerbread Blue Moon asap!