Tuesday, December 17, 2013

tastiest of tuesdays


Last week, I made a 24 in 24 list. Unrealistic? Perhaps. But as crazy as it may be to complete 24 things in less than 24 days, that's how much I want to cross everything off of that list. There are a couple of parts of the list that I've already, excitedly crossed off and some that are in progress. More updates to come soon on that little life list, but for now, I'll just share one part that's in progress - #15. Try at least two new recipes.

Well, I tried my first one last night. I found it on Pinterest, it only had five ingredients, and it involved a soup bowl and spoon. Obviously, I was hooked. Luckily, so were my taste buds.


I found the recipe here. I tweaked it a little bit; adding onions as well as garlic salt instead of Kosher salt and pepper. Otherwise, I pretty much followed the directions exactly as they were written originally. And the best part? It only has five ingredients: chicken, beans, salsa verde, chicken broth, and cumin. Of course, I opted for some avocado on top. Another plus? It only takes 15 minutes to prepare!

For only having five ingredients, this chili had tons of flavor, and, as most chili does, it absolutely warmed my soul. I will definitely be repeating this recipe, like, tomorrow. 

Just in case you don't want to click that link up there ... 

Five-ingredient White Chicken Chili

+ 6 cups chicken broth
+ 2 cups salsa verde
+ 2 cans Great Northern beans {drained}
+ 1 tsp. ground cumin
+ 1 chopped onion 
   {My addition -- don't need to add, but definitely yum.}
+ 3 cups shredded/cooked chicken 
   {I used a rotisserie chicken -- lots of flavor!}

Add all ingredients into a large soup or stew pot and bring to a boil at medium heat. Then, reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes before serving. Cooking takes about 15 minutes total.

Topping Ideas

+ sliced avocado
+ tortilla chips {crushed on top, or just for dipping!}
+ sour cream
+ any type of shredded cheese
+ garlic salt/pepper to taste


Happy soul-warming!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummm! This looks so good!!

brooke lyn said...

ohhh! i have made this too and LOVE it. i added more jalapenos though becasue i like spice.

Allison said...

I'm going to attempt to make a variation of this without the chicken and subbing veggie broth. It looks too good to let something like meat keep me from it (I think you just had me at avocado... yum!).