On this Friday before winter break, I'm thinking if I make it through today without collapsing of exhaustion, I will be a thankful, thankful girl. Today means a few things for me: "The Polar Express" movie-watching, hot-chocolate-drinking, holiday-craft-making, Christmas-carol-singing, and cookie-decorating. Sounds perfect, right? Just add 30 children filled with sugar, dreaming of Santa, singing loudly, and wishing for dismissal, and today could be a real toss-up. My positive teacher side is hoping for nothing but sugar plums and rainbows today. Fingers crossed.
This week before break was a good one. Yes, I can hardly keep my eyes open, and yes, I am running on coffee and various holiday baked goods, but there are five scenes from this week that are keeping me sane and happy.
scene one: dinner at grandmom's house
Or, in other words, laughing until my stomach hurts with my lovely little blonde and hilarious grandmom and crossing something off of my 24 in 24 list.
scene two: arts and crafts galor in miss k's class
You can't have the holiday season in elementary school without paper, glitter, and glue. Lately, we've been celebrating "festive Fridays", being really artsy, and wishing it was December all year long.
scene three: an evening with the cutest lady in the land
As soon as this chick started saying "Ashie" my heart hasn't stopped melting. S and I can't resist visiting his niece -- but who could?
scene four: that time i wore the ugliest sweater with pride
That sweet, sweet grandmom I mentioned up there? She's the queen of festive. But by festive I mean the cutest form of tacky you could imagine. Yesterday was "festive/ugly/tacky sweater day" at school. Grandmom Betty was my go-to girl for this fashionable day -- and would you look at that beaut of a sweater?
scene five: my favorite view in the whole wide world
Holiday movie marathons, a Christmas tree, and a snuggle sesh. Enough said.
And with that, I wish the happiest Friday of all Fridays to you! Go be festive and such.


1 comment:
that sweater is ugly christmas perfection. it's what ugly christmas dreams are made of
Post a Comment