It's the middle of November. Thanksgiving is two weeks away. Christmas decorations have already taken over. My favorite time of year has arrived, so quickly it seems, that if I didn't stop to look at the calendar, I'd miss it.
Lately, this has been my life:

Coffee, classrooms, and controlled chaos. Just like I like it.
I was looking through my planner yesterday, I stared at the upcoming dates, and it hit me. This is the best time of year; I need to stop and smell the pumpkin pie! I'm the girl who waits all year for Thanksgiving because that means it's socially acceptable to eat, drink, be merry, give presents, hang twinkling lights, celebrate, and sing Mariah Carey until January. But who am I kidding -- I'd do all of that on a regular Saturday night. Not the point.
(Seriously, I'm happy to report that those lights are still twinkling one year later.)
The point is, I feel like I'm going to look up, and all of a sudden it will be 2014. My favorite time of year deserves the best. What else am I to do but make sure that it is the best?
And what else am I to do but make a list about it? Introducing, the...
And what else am I to do but make a list about it? Introducing, the...
I literally feel excitement running through my fingers as I type this. Picture Will Ferrell in Elf as Buddy prepares for Santa's visit and decorates the entire store in homemade snowflakes and Lite-Brites and then later goes home to make noodles topped with maple syrup; that's how I feel about this time of year. Plus, smiling's my favorite, too.
Time to slow down and soak up the holiday spirit. Starting now. If you're holiday-obsessed like me, feel free to add to my list. I'm open for festive suggestions.
Cheers to Friday and the best time of year! Bring on the turkey.
And the N*Sync Holiday album on repeat.


2 comments:
I LOVE YOUR TWINKLE LIGHTS! LOVE THEM
that brick wall kills me, in the best way. LOVE IT. and the twinkly lights are so so pretty and happy to hear they are still there (: so dreamy!!
I'm so so excited for the holidays, thanksgiving isn't my top favorite and I'm totally the girl that starts gradually playing Christmas music November 1st (don't hate me!) but I figure we have one less week to get ready so I'm going to start as early as I can! ;)
Post a Comment