This weekend I realized that November is an in-between month. It's indecisive. It's a bit unsure. November reminds me of myself in a lot of ways. To put up decorations now, or not put up decorations now? That is the question.
In Baltimore, November is still showing off the beauty of fall, from its colorful leaves to its air that smells like burning firewood. Yet, November in Baltimore also means decorations are appearing and stores are beginning to look a lot like, well -- Christmas. November means it must be the best time of year because fall and the holiday season are happening, at the same time!
November means quiet, gray skies even if there's no chance of rain. November means you never know what kind of jacket to wear before you leave home each day; heavy or light, light or heavy? November means you can walk everywhere in the city if you want to because the weather's not always too cold, but it also means it wouldn't be ridiculous if you took a cab. I mean, it can get kind of chilly out here.
November means leaves paving the streets, Ravens jerseys everywhere, and boots. November means turkey and mashed potatoes and pumpkin spice everything. November means you get to spend time with people you care most about, while eating and drinking and loving and laughing.
November also means red ribbons and garland wrapping the street lamps, wreaths hanging on most storefronts, and a festive chill in the air. November means twinkling lights and hot chocolate and the drug-store Christmas invasion.
November is indecision personified. I am a person who is consistently indecisive. Leaves, lights, whatever. I love it all. I'm with ya, November.
What do you think?
3 comments:
when it doubt put the decorations up.
November is a month that kick starts the holidays.
LOVE November, love your blog!!
http://mkirsch14.blogspot.com/
Catie!
Post a Comment