This weekend, I put my life into perspective.
It all began at my cousin's wedding shower on Saturday. Weddings are one of my favorite things in the whole wide world, as you know, so celebrating them can make me equally happy. Just check my Pinterest boards and you'll understand...
So, the shower happened. We ate, we drank, we opened gifts for the bride and groom. I promise I'm not bitter. Not at all.
Suddenly, in the middle of the wedding shower, a beautiful baby girl was born. My friend now has a daughter. I'm now an auntie. This thought still blows my mind.
Just look at that face. Look at it. Don't you just want to squeeze her??
Anyway, back to the perspective thing.
My cousin's getting married. My sweet friend had a baby. And me? I spent half of my day, before the couple-toasting and baby-holding, deciding what color to paint my nails and drinking mimosas at brunch.
(I chose grayish-purple, in case I left you in too much suspense.)
I guess that's the thing about this early-to-mid-twenties thing. It's not weird to get married, it's not weird to start having babies, and it's not weird to be unmarried, childless, and simultaneously loving your life while also wishing for the alternative at the same time.
Or maybe it is?
I'm still trying to figure that part out. I do know that I whole-heartedly enjoy the mimosas at brunch and the quiet house I come home to each night. But on the other hand, holding that baby was the most wonderful feeling ever.
... and there I go again. For now, I'm content. My content may be different from the next twenty-something's, but it'll do just fine for now. And to those of you who can relate to my potential craziness in the slightest: cheers, ladies.
---
{Link up with Leeann to tell your weekend stories.}




2 comments:
Oh trust me I understand. I spent my mid-late twenties wondering what the heck to do next, but knowing I wasn't getting married again any time soon (divorced at 25). I'm now 30 and just starting to feel like I could be ready soon. But not today. And that's okay! :) I think you should enjoy your life and when you are ready, you'll know ;).
xoxo
I completely understand you, sometimes I look around and see people doing so much and think that I'm not going anywhere. but then I think about what I hope is to come in future and just enjoy right now xxx
Post a Comment