Monday, March 25, 2013

on feeling good


This weekend, I got an organic facial. Me. The girl who feels guilty after purchasing things that aren't on the clearance rack. The one who looks on Groupon before going to any salon. Yes, this girl got an organic facial on Saturday. And she loved it.

Don't laugh too hard when I tell you there was a gift certificate involved...

All jokes aside, that facial was one of my most fabulous experiences to date. It's going to be difficult to not make facials a monthly event after that amazing one. Next week, although I'm not getting another facial, I am very happy to report that I am treating myself to another spa day, sans gift certificates. My friend Lauren and I will be on spring break, so we are dubbing next Wednesday "we've-almost-survived-the-entire-school-year-day." Those days of stress-free relaxation need a proper kick-off after all.  I swear teachers would all go insane without these little breaks. Hello, spa.

Now back to Saturday afternoon:



 I left the spa feeling refreshed, glowing in my new skin. Next on my weekend agenda was a girls day out with Sam's older sisters. We opted for brunch at an oyster house by the water, toasted to life with our white peach bellinis, ordered way too many small plates, and left with a few unexpected to-go boxes thanks to our over-eager stomachs. 

Saturday afternoon, you may have had me at "spa," but you sealed the deal with "brunch."

We didn't go out that night like we usually do on Saturdays. Instead, we decided on a late dinner and an early sleep. Waking up the next morning was good, and I mean really good. There wasn't a headache, and there also wasn't a need to immediately begin the search for Ibuprofen upon waking up. 

Instead, there was bacon, hot tea, and fresh fruit. Breakfast, for the win.


My weekend wasn't too busy, too loud, or too exciting. No, actually my weekend was quite the opposite. It was relaxing, rejuvenating, and necessary.

And it felt good. Really good.

---

How was your weekend?

{Linking up with Leeann | Sami }

3 comments:

MacKensie said...

This looks like an amazing weekend. Beautiful food. I need that bacon right now. :) Love your blog.

xo

MacKensie
mackensieg.blogspot.com

Chelsea said...

I have always wanted to try a facial, but have always been too afraid that it would make me break out...and also the whole Motherly guilt I would have for spending money on it! LOL. Found your blog through the Shenanigans link-up! New follower here!

Stop by and say hi!
http://www.redvelvetrooster.com

Unknown said...

Oh goodness you are making me want to get a facial, sounds amazing! Oh that food looks delicious! Relaxing weekends are my favorite!