For a minute there, I thought I could smell spring. It was coming; I could feel it.
S brought flowers home to liven up the house, but also to prove that spring was coming. It had to be.
Then this Sunday came along, and it's freezing once again. Snow is in the forecast. Temperatures in the thirties are predicted until Tuesday. Spring isn't ready to make her way here yet, although we're all aching for her to stay.
This Sunday, I'm wrapped in a blanket and dreaming of laying outside in the sun.
This Sunday, I'm also...
reading the Fortune-Telling Book of Love recently added to our bookshelf. I'm so intrigued by books like this one. You could find me screaming "oh my GOSH, that is SO me!" right now if you walked in my house.
writing grades onto lots of papers of nine year-olds.
listening to "Hey Pretty Girl" by Kip Moore. Even if you don't like country music, I would highly suggest listening to it now. It's the sweetest song my ears have ever heard.
thinking about all of the free time I'll have over the summer. That makes the stress and exhaustion I'm feeling right now seem worth it.
smelling those beautiful pink tulips on the side table.
wishing I could trade this cup of tea and blanket for a frozen drink and beach towel.
hoping if the winter weather is going to hang around, a delayed opening will occur tomorrow. #silverlining
wearing a comfy black sweater dress and leggings... and a blanket.
loving the way my skin feels after my first ever organic-facial yesterday. I've had a spa gift certificate burning a hole in my wallet since the holidays, and yesterday I spent it. "Money well-spent" would be an understatement. If only I could make spa visits a regular thing...
needing more weekends like this one. There were day-dates and adventures, early nights and amazing breakfasts. I'll take bacon over Ibuprofen on a weekend morning any day. Cheers.
clicking on pins, in search of the perfect Sunday dinner. Happy Sunday, friends.
{Link up!}

3 comments:
Aww. How sweet! I haven't heard this Kip Moore song before and I love it. :) Thanks for sharing!!
Here via The Sunday Currently
xo
Sarah :: Your Plucky Picaroon
pluckypicaroon.blogspot.com
I agree with you, I prefer relaxing weekend over party weekends :) And now I`m wishing I had some fresh flowers in my home- I love tulips!
My Sunday Currently Post
Jess
look at those gorgeous flowers in that photo! spring is on its way.
i'm so glad you had a great weekend - hope your week is matching up :)
Post a Comment