If you have off today, I hope you are reading this with a cup of some sort of beverage, on your couch, without a care in the world. If you don't have off, I'm really sorry for planting that idea into your head.
I had a realization this morning: long weekends should be on the calendar more often. Especially "holiday" weekends. The holiday I'm speaking of is clearly not Presidents Day.
Why?
When the weekend started, my kitchen table looked like this:
This is the aftermath of two teachers and a Valentines celebration. Anyone in need of a box of chocolates?
After we attempted to organize the lovefest up there, our table soon turned into this:
Taco night. When a long weekend starts off with homemade tacos and margaritas, you know that big, amazing plans are in the future. I don't know how, or why, but taco night just has this affect on people.
I will add that once twisty straws get thrown into the mix, it can be assumed that your weekend definitely began fabulously.
See below.
(No, thankfully these photos were not taken in our kitchen.)
After massive amounts of chocolate and taco night kicked off our weekend, Lauren and I had a plan to give the house a mini-makeover. We moved in about six months ago, and have slowly been buying big-ticket items for the house.
On Saturday, our floor got a bit more beautiful.
Isn't she pretty?
We got the rug at such a good deal, that we thought we could add one more piece to the mix. Until now, we have only had one couch in our living room, so when we have friends over, seating is a little... tight.
I won't get into details about how the purchase of our new chair went down, because honestly I'm not even sure if I could tell you where we were, but I will say that we got a serious bargain. (And you guys know how much I love me a bargain.)
So here's a glimpse into our living room at this moment. I blame the poor lighting on the ambiance that is always in this room thanks to our twinkling lights that I don't believe we will ever take down.
What do you think?
Oh, and if that wasn't enough-- I also moved every piece of furniture in my room. By myself.
Can you spy the old-bookshelf-turned-makeup-table? Yes, It's still a work in progress, but nonetheless, I'm really happy with this home right now.
To celebrate our edition of a home-makeover, we went to brunch yesterday. Brunch is the best.
Case in point.
Now, on this Monday off, I've got big plans to venture out from under the blankets on my bed, I really do. Despite how wonderful this feels, I love a productive day-off, honestly. My to-do list is already growing...
How did you spend your weekend//how will you spend your day off?



12 comments:
Your house is beautiful! Loving the brick wall in the living room!
First of all, major house envy. Exposed brick = my dream interior. Stunning!! And second of all, Valentine's Day was GOOD to you!! And I can totally get behind taco night - I have it every Tuesday :)
Happy Monday, love. I am sitting here with coffee on the couch happy as a little clam :)
xoxo
Exposed brick in homes is one of my favorite features! That rug looks fabulous in it!
Really nice and cute pics.
And I'm all for long weekends,
I just want to enjoy life.
Love all the decor pics!
I love that rug!! We are moving soon and I'm hoping to use it as an excuse to completely redecorate & update everything.
Looks like you had a great weekend!
A weekend with bloody marys, margs, and new furniture sounds like a win to me :) Thnaks for linking up!
I adore your home!!! Especially the Christmas lights. :)
Man, a brick wall adds sooo much character to a home! It looks absolutely beautiful! I have a brick wall in my kitchen, love it!
http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/
1. You win for best VDay.
2. I am obsessed with your apartment! The exposed brick, that new rug? I want to move in! Up for another roommate? ;)
Thanks so much for linking up!!
I love the exposed brick in your place, it's so beautiful. Your home looks inviting and cozy :) also you guys received an insane amount of chocolate!!
Wow what a gorgeous living room - love the exposed brick wall! I want that and a fireplace one day :)
Post a Comment