Monday, October 29, 2012

Hello, Sandycane


Right before all things Sandy, life was all things candy.

And by "life," I mean this weekend. Sometimes, it's okay for people to dress up in silly costumes and beg others for candy. Sometimes, it's even okay for twenty-somethings to do this-- sometimes. My weekend was costume-filled and candy-filled, but mostly it was just really sweet.

Anytime a weekend starts with one of these guys, you know only good things are on the way.


Shortly after milkshake-drinking, some special hot apple cider was also consumed. It was a weekend of sweet, sweet bevs, my friends.

Up next, costumes and candy, as we were discussing earlier.


I can't tell you what was more fabulous for me: the fact that my Halloween costume was concocted in about five dollars or less, or the fact that I got to throw candy at random strangers all night. OR that people were actually thoroughly entertained by the throwing of the candy. OR that I became the only piñata that used a baton to hit others, and not the other way around.

All in all, it was a pretty successful evening.

As for right now, while the weather is not as fabulous, it's pretty cozy inside my house. Friends re-runs are on repeat, blankets are everywhere, and I'm almost positive a cocktail {or four} is about to be consumed.

East-coasters: Stay safe, cuddle up, and pray for lasting power.


ps. Prize goes to the person who can guess where my piñata candy was stored all evening. Go.


8 comments:

Rachel said...

That Pinata costume is awesome, seriously! Genius idea!

Linny said...

Visiting from Mingle Monday! What a creative idea you had for Halloween! I hope you have a wonderful week!

Unknown said...

What a genius costume idea. And for under $5, you can't beat it! Looks like you had a blast :)

henning love said...

ok now i really really want a milkshake because i realized i haven't had one in awhile and they suddenly sound really good!

Unknown said...

Love how creative this is! I have a Halloween party to go to this weekend, and there's a really good chance I'm stealing this idea.

P.S. I vote that you hid it in your stick. Or in your stomach, which is where I'd keep mine. ;)

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun Halloween party!

SaraSherrell.com said...

Visiting from Monday Mingle. Love the costume! I love budget items, and I would have never thought to be a pinata.

Lacey in the City said...

Ahaha is he dick in a box from SNL? Is that where you hid your candy???