Monday, January 20, 2014

winter weekend

This weekend, we traveled our way through snowy Pennsylvania to surprise Sam's brother for his birthday weekend. We spent the weekend celebrating in the cutest little cottage with a backyard view of the ski slopes. Now, speaking as someone who still had ski tags on her jacket from 2006, and those being the only tags she'd ever had on her jacket, I was perfectly content just taking in the beautiful views and celebrating the weekend away. And, speaking from a girl whose boyfriend is kind of uncoordinated when it comes to skiing, to put it nicely, I was more than happy that we opted for some snow tubes and some Bloody Marys.


 I mean, you really can't beat those views.

(I should also mention that the views of the last night of the weekend were the best, seeing as it was spent dressing up in '80's gear to celebrate the birthday guy and going rollerskating at the lodge. But those pictures are far too embarrassing to even begin to explain. I'll leave you to your imagination. Just know, there were Run DMC shirts, wigs, and very tight leopard leggings worn by all.)

--

As for today, I'm attempting to finalize plans for our second annual "Christmas trip" since last year we decided that trips > gifts and this year we wanted to make it a good one. There's just one problem: flights are expensive. Okay, two problems: flights are expensive and we're indecisive. 


Any advice? Or any places to the list that you would add? Any and all assistance in this decision-making process is much appreciated, friends.

--

I'm off to spend my Monday afternoon with my sweet friend and her adorable baby, eating Mexican food and taking too many pictures. Also known as, my favorite things in the world. Happy, happy Monday.


8 comments:

Pamela said...

Ah, snow!!! I want some!! Charleston! Def :) maybe I'm a little biased since we're fairly close to there, ha!

Meagan said...

No more snow! Come on Spring! I really like the idea of a trip instead of presents. Maybe I can convince my family to do that!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

I vote for Austin! That is on my list for my next travel vacation but all of those look like great choices!

Victoria said...

Chicago is awesome,tons to do! But i am biased since i grew up in its northern suburbs :)

Helene in Between said...

i am in dallas where today temps almost reached 70! so this is truly gorgeous! i want to go!!

Jenn @ Lost in the Right Direction said...

Sedona (AMAZING)or Charleston!!! Chicago is much better in the spring or summer - it's frigid in the winter and the fountains aren't on :)

brooke lyn said...

since i don't see Portland as an option i will vote Charleston!

DC Minute said...

Hands down: CHARLESTON. Took a road trip a few years ago down the East Coast, and one of the stops was that marvelous city. Have been itching to go back!