Tuesday, January 14, 2014

treat yoself tuesday, gone wild.

Ten days ago, I turned 24 and enjoyed every minute of it. A birthday is the ultimate treat yo'self day -- a day I love more than most other days. If you haven't treated yourself in a while, I whole-heartedly suggest repeating the exact day that is about to be explained below.

It was the eve of my birthday; a Saturday. The day began with a manicure, as all proper treat yo'self days should, and business was as usual. I started thinking about how I wanted to get my hair done, but not cut, so I brought up a Dry Bar conversation with my friend Lauren. {Later on, I'd get some serious deja vu...} Post-manicure, Lauren told me that I needed to keep my afternoon clear for a "birthday adventure." Obviously, I was intrigued, excited, and asking a million questions. Shocker. We drove for about 45 minutes, I continued asking questions, I was still clueless, and this went on until we stopped. We stopped in front of an all white building with trims of bright yellow inside that could be seen from the outside.


DRYBAR

Also known as: the best way to be surprised or celebrate your birthday or feel like a princess or all of the above.


After I stopped freaking out from excitement, (and also freaking out about that manicure conversation and momentarily thinking I had psychic ability) gratitude, and a love for my girlfriends who took me here, I tried my best to remember every detail and just enjoy being pampered. 


I obsessed over the salon the entire time I was there -- from the idea, to the design, to the way the stylists made you feel beautiful, to the way you actually feel beautiful, to the way the chair spins around when your hair is done and it's almost like you're in a movie. Or maybe I was just feeling so ridiculously happy that it actually did feel like I was in a movie in my own mind. Potato, potahto. 


I went for a Mai Tai mixed with a Southern Comfort blow dry. Volume for days.

Of course, it was a birthday, so after the blow drys and pictures and pampering, it was time for Georgetown Cupcake. And now we've got volume and cupcakes for days.


Salted caramel cupcake + vanilla birthday cupcake = happiness in a box.


I ended the day with a dinner with a handsome guy, the best girlfriends in the world, a few margaritas, lots of dancing, and a pretty damn good hairdo to bring it all together. Is there anything better? 


I'll toast to finding out.

3 comments:

brooke lyn said...

you did treat yo'self right! the hairdid looks great too :)

Allison said...

I love it! It's so awesome when our friends know us so damn well that they plan the most perfect nights for us on our special day :) Your hair is perfect - I go to Beauty Bar in the city a lot, which seems like the exact same thing. I love getting my hair done while having a drink.
Happy birthday, beautiful friend! I hope this year brings you the greatest things (and that we can celebrate together this year - I owe you an email, love!). xox

CWY said...

I've had a gift certificate to dry bar for almost a year. I think it's finally time that I put it to good use! It looks like you had a wonderfil birthday!