Over Labor Day weekend, I crossed one of my "must-visit" cities off of my bucket list, and I'm already ready to plan a trip back.
I've been wanting to go to Nashville ever since my friend Sarah moved there about a year ago. Well, that's not entirely true; I've always wanted to go to Nashville. Having Sarah there just made the decision to plan a trip a bit easier and a bit more necessary.
I made up excuses for the past year of reasons why I couldn't or shouldn't book a ticket "right now." It was either money or time or a busy schedule that stood in my way. And all of those things kept standing in my way until a few weeks ago when my friend Katlyn literally called and said, "I'm booking a ticket for Labor Day weekend. You in or out?" I was in.
Nashville is such an amazing city. It has everything this girl could ever need: adorable houses, tons of things to do, delicious food, sweet people, and boots. Lots of boots.
My typical OOTD, Nashville style, looked like this. Sundress, bag, and boots. I loved every minute of it. Like I said before, I really do think I have a southern soul, y'all.
There are so many details of the trip that I could write and write and write for hours, but I'll stick with my favorite parts. First favorite? A bike tour of the city. Nashville has these great bikes (with baskets!) that you can rent for 24 hours for just $5. We rode the bikes through the city, passing tons of recording studios, museums, huge houses, and the Country Music Hall of Fame. We even biked to the top of the bridge in the center of the city, and that was the best part.
Another favorite? Walking around Nashville's main street in the middle of the day and going to a real-life honky-tonk. Yes, they're real things, east-coasters! We also went to a boots store, which was just pure insanity and amazing at the same time. And, of course, there was BBQ. Lots of BBQ.
There are also adorable stores in Nashville, all closed on Sundays, that have sweet names like this:
I mean, who wouldn't want a piece of pie from the Loving Pie Co.?
More favorite moments include, but are not limited to:
![]() | ![]() |
+ Wearing lace and boots, even on nights out, and never getting tired of hearing southern accents.
+ Two words: pancake hibachi. Yes. Make-your-own pancakes on a griddle in the middle of your table. Pure, delicious genius. Also, my first PSL of the season! In Nashville! Heaven.
![]() | ![]() |




7 comments:
Oh I'm so jealous!
I visited Nashville about this time last year and I desperately want to go back.
The bike tour sounds like a great idea, especially for only $5. My sister and I walked everywhere but we could have seen more on bikes. Next time!
I went for a weekend in December but was wrapped up in wedding events, but I definitely want to visit properly! Glad you had a great time. I really want to see their houses and the bike tour sounds perfect!
I went for a weekend in December but was wrapped up in wedding events, but I definitely want to visit properly! Glad you had a great time. I really want to see their houses and the bike tour sounds perfect!
Looks like such a great trip, i'm soooo jealous, lovely blog :) x
http://www.adayinmywheels.com/
I've never been to Nashville - you are making me want to leave work already and head there. And pancake hibachi? Oh. my. god. I can't even handle it.
You are beautiful - all of your outfits are also incredible, so I'm thinking we maybe need to swap closets at some point.
i am so jealous of your nashville trip. this is def on my city visit list!
oh man,i have been itching to go to nashville for a long time!! i was just in the smoky mts for a week in August but we didn't have time to make the 3hr drive to nashville :(
great photos!!
Post a Comment