Yesterday, I completely made-over a five dollar yard sale purchase. It was an old, worn, wooden desk that had a lot of potential, but just needed someone to make it pretty again.
With Sam's help, and a few layers of paint, we made it happen. The desk is now flaunting a lovely 'whipped apricot' color and sitting pretty in our living room.
And now I'm sitting here, just getting home from my back-to-school and much needed manicure, typing away at my new favorite spot in the house and preparing for the first day of school tomorrow. Isn't it amazing what a little paint and little love can do to an old piece of furniture? This is one of my most favorite DIYs to date. Safe to say I'll be flea-marketing and yard-sale-ing much more often.
If you'll excuse me, I think I may just stay right in this spot and be content for a while.
Happy Sunday, friends!
Happy Sunday, friends!

7 comments:
love that mani!! good luck at school!!!
what a beautiful desk!
a) love what you did with the desk. b) can we talk about how jealous i am that you have exposed brick in your place. that is my jam and i am so jealous.
That desk is gorgeous! Pretty nails too!
This is GORGEOUS - I'm so impressed with you guys!
And that polish color is fantastic.
wow you done good. loving that desk- too cool only 5 mucks and it's a darling piece... also love that brick wall behind it:)
Five dollars?! That desk is awesome! Good find :)
Post a Comment