a la playa, por favor
Every summer, my family ventures down to good ol' Delaware to spend time at the beach for a week. We've been vacationing there since before I can even remember.
This weekend marked the first time I didn't drive down in a packed car, in a squished seat to make the trip with my family. I stayed back on Saturday to celebrate a BFF-birthday; I substituted squished for Sake and sushi.
Naturally, I couldn't let a week of having sand between my toes go to waste. So, like the big girl I am, I am making the solo trek to the beach this afternoon. Sadly, the trek will be solo since the boy can't take any days off because of his new job and all. Boo for jobs that don't give lots of vacation time... Or summertime off.
;)
This weekend, I celebrated.
This week, I will relax.
---
Have a great week, friends. Cross your fingers for lots of sun!
4 comments:
but not really, i wish i had a summer break still! not fair.
Ooh nice! What fun! Sounds like a blessedly busy time! Love the beach photos! Happy BFFa bday!
hope you are having the best time ever. the beach is the most perfect place ever!
I would have traded squished for sake and sushi too!
Post a Comment