A few letters for this Friday afternoon sound perfect, don't ya think?
Dear 2013, I know this shout-out is a little behind schedule, but I'm happy you're here. The year before you was a great one, and I can't wait to see what you'll bring to the table. Dear 2012, So many things happened in your year: I went to Honduras and helped build a school. I got my Bachelor's degree. I became a teacher. I moved to a new city. 2012, you were a good year. 2013, you've got big shoes to fill.
Dear Cape May, You proved to be a pretty good time. Although S and I were the youngest humans in town for miles and miles, we had a good time trying to keep you young and fresh. Your beach was a tease, and extremely windy, but got us pumped up for summertime. Also, I've never climbed as many steps in my life as that one time I went to the top of your famous lighthouse.
Dear NYE, Even though everyone makes fun of you for being an "overrated holiday," I've always had a special place in my heart for you. Champagne, fireworks, and an excuse to get all fancy? I think you're UNDER-rated, if anything.
Dear classroom, you're welcome for your pretty makeover. The poms aren't too much of a change, but I know you love them. You're looking cute as a button in 2013.
ps. Dear tomorrow, I'm officially one year older when you arrive. Woah.


1 comment:
i completely agree about new year's eve - but maybe that's just because i LOVE champagne :)
Post a Comment