The last day of student teaching happened on Friday. That meant goodbyes through sweet cards, pictures, and a gorgeous bouquet of flowers. It even meant a couple of Pokemon cards from one boy student, which might as well be the equivalent of gold in an eight year-old's world. My heart melted piece by piece all day.
Then came the song. Imagine having 25 adorable faces singing you an original song on the last day you'll see them-- how in the world was I supposed to keep it together?! The lyrics and the sweet voices bringing them to life was all too much. Naturally, tears ensued; from my eyes and from theirs.
I don't knows how teachers do this every year... saying goodbye to a group of children they love. I guess right now I feel sad, but I also feel lucky. Each year I'll get a new group of people to grow, teach, love... and they'll do the same for me right back. Here's to the 25 little kiddos I'll be meeting for the first time, in my very own classroom, come August. I can't wait to meet, teach, grow, and love you.
I don't knows how teachers do this every year... saying goodbye to a group of children they love. I guess right now I feel sad, but I also feel lucky. Each year I'll get a new group of people to grow, teach, love... and they'll do the same for me right back. Here's to the 25 little kiddos I'll be meeting for the first time, in my very own classroom, come August. I can't wait to meet, teach, grow, and love you.
xoxo, Miss K.
2 comments:
Student teaching is such a joy. It however, is bittersweet when you have to leave all those sweet little boys & girls. I am glad you enjoyed & just think you are now one step closer to having your own kids as a teacher in a school & doing it repeat over & over again for several years to come :)
I can only imagine and my friend who's a teacher says very similar things about her kids. Great photos by the way x
Post a Comment