Monday, April 30, 2012

Up.




Things have been happening lately. Lots of things.

Some of those things have left me feeling inspired; especially the 5K for Honduras last Sunday. We raised money to help finish building the school and honored a life that was taken too soon.

Some have made me excited for the future. While I don't want to share too much too soon, I will say that I am looking forward to life after graduation for a few reasons! It's exciting to think about this little time capsule of a blog filling up more and more...

A few things have been making me a very sentimental lady. Looking back through old photos of past graduations and life over the past few years gets me a bit teary-eyed. It's unreal to think about how much I have grown in the past four years; how much we all have grown. The faces in those photos have mostly stayed the same, but the stories behind them are changing.

I don't know a lot about life, but I'm getting there. I don't really know how to be a grown-up. I don't know how to have a career. I don't know where I will live next year. I don't know which faces will be in all my photo albums four years from now. But, I do know how to take on a challenge. I will learn to be grown up, on my own terms. I will learn how it feels to have a career and a purpose. I will find a new place to call home. I will take advantage of all the love in my life that I can only hope will continue to fill dozens of photo albums and memories to come.

Times, they are a-changin', but they are also looking up.

3 comments:

Al said...

This was beautiful, sweetheart. I have missed reading you, but I understand the need to embrace the things that are happening in the every day, not just relaying them on a blog.

If there is anything that I have learned, it is that at every stage of life, the next step is always uncertain. The real trick is learning how to navigate that grace - and that is being a "grown up".

(which is why I am a 5 yr. old child trapped in an almost 30 yr old's body - I really haven't figured out how to navigate this with much grace...)

Love to you. Congrats on the school and the 5k - SO proud of you, friend.

xo

Alyssa said...

I'm actually in pretty much the same place as you. Graduating in less than two weeks, moving to a new apartment, working this summer and then a big question mark exists. I'm getting sentimental packing up my house because I'm packing up my memories of a few years. But amen-it is a beautiful life that we are blessed to live, one full of changes and better things to come.

Anonymous said...

Were those photos taken at the University of Maryland? I don't work with the AOII chapter there, but I saw pictures of their balloon release from the weekend. Looks very similar! =)

Happy May!

xox,
Meghan