Monday, April 2, 2012

I had a little fun


This weekend was fun for a few miscellaneous reasons. It’s the little things in life, right?


1) Turning off my alarm clock, and sleeping until ten, easily, most days. Without hesitation, I convinced myself each time that I deserved it.

2) I gave myself a homemade mani, like I promised. I even added a “party finger”. What’s a party finger, you ask? Just ask a boy.

028
{Coral orange and the mint party finger. Mega springy.}


3) I spent time at happy hour with my girls and went to a lovely little Sunday brunch {say in a British accent for full affect} with my guy.

4) I went to get my haircut. Actually, I went to go get a healthy, much-needed TRIM. As sweet as my hairstylist was, he didn’t really understand this concept. Apparently a trim is four inches?? So, I left the styling chair with an unexpected change. Still getting used to it! What do you think?

01121 03121blog
Might be hard to tell since I LOVED curling my longer hair, but that’s a pretty drastic cut right there.
Change can be good, right?


5) I’m on Spring Break, teacher style, so I went home for the week. At home, I can make THIS for breakfast, every day, if I so desire:

034

What's THIS? Just lots of fresh fruits, veggies, and a stocked fridge & pantry of deliciousness. Can’t wait to utilize all of those food pins of mine this week!


6) I picked a winner of Kathy’s giveaway! Congrats, Callie! I’ll get you in touch with Kathy this week!


How was your weekend?

xo.

24 comments:

CALLIE said...

So pumped about the give-away!!!! And I'm loving the shorter do!

Amanda said...

Your hair looks great that length! And such a good job on your nails. Love that color combo!
Amanda
fromaheartoverflowing.blogspot.com

Sar said...

Didn't see the before photo, but the after looks great! The haircut seems to fit your face shape perfectly, so maybe your hairstylist was right all along! <3

Happy Mingle Monday!

-Sarah

Jessica Ruud said...

You're a cutie!! Loving the nails. Great blog.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your spring break girl. And as for the hair fiasco ... I feel your pain. I am in need of a 'trim' as well, but am so hesitant to go get once, since it usually results in more being trimmed than I expected, lol.

his little lady said...

haha, party finger? love it!! honestly, this is one of my favorite trends right now.
and i think your hair is absolutely adorable! sometimes unexpected hair cuts like this are the best for our spirits and a new season ;)
xo TJ

Ashlee @ They Lived Happily Ever After... said...

Love, love, love the haircut!

kimberly @ lush lounge said...

Sounds like a PERFECT weekend! I love the party finger mani! It's my favorite right now. Your hair is super cute and fresh looking! Perfect for spring! Yay for happy hour and for me finding your blog and becoming a new follower! :)

Mish Lovin' Life said...

Grr I HATE when they cut too much. I ALWAYS try to emphasize, hand gestures and all, that I only want "THIS" much. A.K.A. 1/2 an inch!!

And yet somehow...every time.... that translates to 3+ inches.

Lame.

Fortunately, your hair looks super cute :)

Megan said...

You have a very cute blog! AND I am loving your nails, cute. Those fruit also look delish, wish I wasn't allergic to strawberries

Alexa said...

Love the "party finger" So cute...great colors!

Katie said...

love your nails and what a cute hair cut!! I'm a teacher and just had to go back after spring break!! It was SO hard! enjoy your break!! visiting from mingle monday! : )

Raquel said...

Ok the haircut looks great!! I love it! Fits your face :)
And the nails...so cute!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

LOVE your hair cut... so cute!!

Katie said...

i LOVE your hair...the change is absolutely adorable!

The Sweet Life said...

Cute haircut...and love your mani!!

I love coral and mint!!

Happy Monday!

Renee Arianna said...

I love your new haircut!! Looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your nails...super adorable, and so April-y! Love!

Keep Shining,
Meghan

jes @ twosmuppies said...

that fruit looks amazing!
xx jes, newest follower

www.twosmuppies.com

Kate said...

Love your nail polish! I need to try that one different color nail thing :)

Emily Meyers said...

Hello! I love your blog! I just added myself to your followers for support, and I wanted to invite you to come and be a part of a really gorgeous necklace giveaway I’m having!

Hope to see you there! Thanks so much!!

http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/04/time-for-giveaway.html

Anonymous said...

love the hair girl! & those nails sure are pretty!

Syndal said...

I love love the party finger!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

love the nails and the haircut! youre super cute! just found your blog, new follower!

xo Kelly

*DONT FORGET TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY*