Sunday, January 29, 2012

sunday morning


Happy Sunday, loves.

Have I ever expressed my love for a good, old fashioned, lazy Sunday morning? It’s one of my favorite times of the week. Even if the rest of Sunday can’t be relaxing, I can always count on Sunday mornings. It’s this time of the week where I can think about the events of my weekend, my previous week, and, well, actually have the chance to share some of those things with you.

From now until May, things may get kind of crazy around here. I’m going to try my best to document lots along the way, as much as possible, of course. One of the great things about blogging is looking back on your week, your month, your year {anyone else singing the Friends theme song yet? No, just me?} and seeing the little things that sparked your attention enough to share, and the BIG things that you’ll never forget.  I’m hoping for a lot of both little and big things to start happening in my life this year… and even in these next few months.

For now, on this relaxing Sunday morning, these photos are what I’ve decided to share.

One.
cake2
Let me explain this. It’s too precious to not explain.

My third graders are always bringing in cakes or cupcakes for their birthdays— and I look forward to these days as much as they do! Well, this past Friday started off with one of my favorites walking through the classroom door with a huge smile and a huge cake {made up of cupcakes underneath!} I immediately got excited and started asking about his birthday plans and wishing him a happy one. He smiled and laughed at me for forgetting that his birthday was over my winter break, and then he pointed to the words on the cake. “No, Miss K, it’s not my birthday—see, this is for you! Welcome back!” I nearly melted. Literally. I think I actually said, “are you serious!?” and then proceeded to thank him a million times for his thoughtfulness. My mentor teacher was surprised, too, and he also thought it was the sweetest gesture ever. I had to snap a picture before 25 eight year olds inhaled these delicious cupcakes. I wanted to remember this.

It’s these kinds of moments that will make me forget about the crazy-exhausted, frustrated, and worn-out days that I will surely have in this career. I don’t think I’ll ever forget this sweet surprise that left me smiling for the rest of the school day.

Two.
image 
My Sunday morning. A laugh-out-loud read and a cup of tea. Perfect.

Three.
image
Finally, the book pile on my desk right now. I think this one is also pretty perfect, since it describes my life absolutely spot-on at this moment. Here we have two books that I’m dying to finish {one of which has a title that is going to be the story of my life this semester} and one children’s book for tomorrow’s math lesson. Welcome to my life.


xoxo

11 comments:

Bree said...

That was so sweet of one of your students to bring you such a lovely gift :) I love little moments like that! Sundays are definitely one of my favorite days of the week, it's the day I have total relaxation :)

Jess said...

Those cupcakes are the sweetest thing!
:) Makes me so excited to become a teacher!

xo

Unknown said...

I love cupcake-cakes! What a sweet gift from the kids! I love having those moments where they do something so little but it means so much!

Jenna // The Life of the Wife said...

That is so cute! I used to teach 3rd grade..I loved it when they brought me little gifts it melts your heart!

Jenna

Ps I've always wanted to read that mindy kaling book..I might have to buy it now!

Stephanie said...

that top book sometimes feels like my life..might have to read that! :)

Mackeys Moments said...

cute blog! new follower! I'm thinking I need to read that book! I love a good funny read!

Lil Miss Red T-Shirt said...

Sounds like a nice Sunday. Reading is fun... add a candle, and it's perfect relaxation.

Dearest Lou said...

I love Sunday it's my favorite day of the week since it's my husbands only day off! That's such a sweet gift you got.

Catherine Fishback said...

That is soo so sweet! I've heard teaching can be incredibly challenging but rewarding as well. Much respect to you.

I wanted to let you know about a new blog FEST about food, style & travel. Come follow along as I document my wardrobe challenge: to not but any clothes in 2012. It's gonna be great. Also, be sure to join the site so you can enter the giveaway.

Anonymous said...

sooo cute!

Head over to my Made My Day Monday Blog Link-Up today! Get new followers and share your story that made your day!!

http://www.angela2bunnie.blogspot.com

Brianna said...

1) I love your new header! super cute. I seriously need to give my blog a makeover but haven't had the time and I'm just lazy haha
2) soooo so cute of your student!!
3) I'm adding the Mindy Kaling book to my book list because I've heard such good things about it!