Thursday, January 5, 2012

Double doses


22 that is.

That’s right…
today is my birthday! {de ne ne ne ne ne ne neeh}

As you may know, I love celebrations of ANY kind, but birthdays especially; and not just mine. I love celebrating anyone’s birthday. Isn’t it the best to have one day of the year just to celebrate yourself and other days to celebrate the people in your life? One day that is yours and days that are theirs. Not trying to be obnoxious, I just love me some days of birth.

Oldies! 024

Here’s little me on my 7th birthday. {Notice my mom’s super chic ‘90’s décor?}
I’ve grown a lot since then; physically and otherwise. In my 22 years, I’ve learned a lot about life, but I still have a long way to go.


The top ten things I’d write in a letter to this here little ol’ me?


1.  Your parents will always take pictures of you doing this exact pose, no matter how old. Get over that quickly.

2.  If you’re nice to people, they will typically be nice back. {Usually.}

3. Some people will stay constant in your life, but not all. Always make room for new people, but remember the ones who stay close through it all; they're extra special.

4. When you find out the horrible truth about Santa, don’t let it discourage you enough to make you stop believing in things.

5. Being thrifty and great at bargain-shopping can be really cool; despite what you hated mom for in middle school.

6. You’ll meet lots of boys in your life, and you’ll learn that some are good and some are not. Always pick the good guy.

7. Your brother might drive you crazy, but he’s the only sibling you’ve got. Suck it up and hang out with him.

8. Hug your grandparents. Often. They’re really amazing.

9. It’s okay to be the nice girl. Don’t change things about yourself for anyone but your own self.

10. Don’t stop playing school in that “classroom” in the basement for a while… it’ll come in handy when you’re all grown up.

; )



I hope you all have the best day ever!



xoxo

20 comments:

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Ashley!! :)

Sounds like some wonderful advice you gave...

Emily said...

Happy Birthday girl!

xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

whitney said...

happy birthday lovely lady!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! :) I'd love to swap buttons! I'm going to add yours!
I haven't figured out how to include the html on mine, but it is in my sidebar!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it's a great one!

Jess said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Found your blog last night and I loveee it.

Putting your button on my swap sponsor section and on my blog love page!

xo,
Jessica

http://www.lovelylittlethingsblog.com

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

Maggie said...

love that, ash. xoxo happy happy birthday you grown up, you!

... said...

Happy Birthday darling! :) I love your list to yourself! :)

Mrs. Darcy said...

Happy Birthday! Love the idea of a letter. I especially like #'s 2 and 9. A little niceness goes a long way!

Also, I would love to swap buttons with you! I am putting your button up on my page:)

aspiretoinspire

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I'll swap with you if you're still looking.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday girl! I'd love to swap with you if you're interested :)

Megan said...

Happy birthday! Hope you have a lovely new year ahead filled with adventure and love!

Erica said...

Happy Birthday, pretty!!

rkjalernpan said...

Happy Birthday! Love the letter to yourself, reminded me of the Brad Paisley song!

P!nky said...

Happy Belated CHICA!!!!

I've got your button chillin on my blog! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday since I'm stumbling across your blog after the fact! This letter to yourself if great! I did one of those in elementary school but I think it's about time for another one!
Thank you for sharing! I can't wait to read more from you!
-Anna
shinelikeglitter.blogspot.com

Sacha♥ said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a good one? :D

Sacha from www.sachasaucysnippets.blogspot.com

Bree said...

I am your 200th follower :) Love love your blog & happy belated birthday girl!

I'd be interested in swapping buttons with your for the month of february :) Let me know!

http://breeeex33.blogspot.com
Breanna xx

lesley: the dream tree said...

New follower (:

I am adding your button to my blog. Mine is on my sidebar it you want to grab, too!

Thanks!

http://mylivelymind.blogspot.com