Monday, March 3, 2014

glitz + glamour

The weekend came and went, and what a good weekend it was. It began with a few Bloody Marys at brunch with a best friend, as most exceptional weekends do. Then came a family night-out, my first-ever viewing of my new favorite movie ever, (I'm looking at you, Frozen) a Sunday dinner, and an awards show.

I'm one of those people who always wishes that I saw every movie nominated before watching awards shows, but, without fail, I usually fail at that attempt. While I saw a few of the movies, there are still quite a few that I'll definitely need to see the next time I am able to leave my house. (I'm looking at you, third snow storm of the season.)

To me, the magic and fascination that is celebrities and awards shows isn't just the films, shows, and motion pictures: it's the fashion. I've watched red carpets since I was a little girl and I can honestly say that the between dresses, the glitz, and the glamour-- it never gets old. 

Thus, I present to you, in my best Giuliana Rancic impersonation, my own version of:

In my humble opinion, Jennifer Lawrence can really do no wrong. She's witty, hilarious, gorgeous, and has a really great reputation for rocking the red carpet. Occasionally she'll trip while walking onto stages, but that makes me love her even more. Next on the list is Kate Hudson. This look was probably my favorite of the night. This dress was perfection from top to bottom; absolutely stunning. It even has a mini-cape! Hello, you're so chic and cool and I want to be you.

Sandra Bullock's dress got mixed reviews, but I thought it was elegant and classic. I love the deep blue color and the side-swept hair; she looked like Old Hollywood glamour. Now, Lupita Nyong'o on the other hand had everyone loving her gown, and I am no exception. This was the perfect Cinderella dress for the evening. I just want to borrow it and give it a few twirls around my living room since, let's be honest, that's the closest I'm ever coming to a red carpet. 

I know Maria Menounos was a host of the show and I know she's not a movie star or nominated actress, but her dress, hair, and entire look was one of my favorites of the night. Simply gorgeous. Although not pictured, the dramatic low-cut back of the dress was almost the best part. Lastly, I chose Kristen Bell. I loved the detail and design of this dress, but I just can't say for sure if I only loved it because I just finished watching Frozen. I don't think it flattered her as well as it could've in this photo, but I love the style and design.


Some other favorite Oscar moments include:

+ Ellen ordering pizza, taking celebrity selfies, and ultimately breaking Twitter

+ Lupita's winning speech

+ Pink's dress to match Dorothy's ruby slippers

+ Ellen dressing up as Glinda the Good Witch

 Basically, Ellen hosting the show was a favorite of mine.


Did you watch? What did you think of the show? 

3 comments:

brooke lyn said...

did you know that Kristen Bell had a burrito in her little purse. so fantastic!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

I did not know that about Kristen Bell but it makes me love her even more! Honestly all the girls rocked it! They were all so gorgeous!

Allison said...

Sooo, I didn't even watch the Oscars (Walking Dead was on!), but Lupita's dress.. I can't. She is so absolutely beautiful. Loving your picks, girl!