I have to tell you, finding the happy in the every day is much more empowering than finding the sad. (Le duh.) It's more positive to search for happiness in small things, yes, but doing this challenge also goes beyond seeing happy pictures and noticing happy moments.
I think it's how life was really meant to be lived and remembered: with joy. I'm only a week into this challenge and I can already notice how it is making every day a little brighter. Do you know how many times I think about my days and just want to vent? (Or lets be honest, go cry in the shower or something...) Life is stressful. Life can really bring you down. Life is exhausting. And I'm sure I'm not the first person to put that into words.
So, I'm choosing to find the happy. Or rather, I choose happy.
Because happy looks like this:
day 3 // toddler tickle fights and laughing uncontrollably
![]() | ![]() |
day 4 // sunny Saturday mornings, smoothies, and silly conversations
day 5 // Maryland-style feasts in the middle of March because, hey, if it's going to snow on our almost-spring-parade, we're going to find some happy
day 6 (not pictured) // reading "Oh, the Places You'll Go" to my class and talking about all of our hopes and dreams for the future. (Answers will vary.)
day 6 (not pictured) // reading "Oh, the Places You'll Go" to my class and talking about all of our hopes and dreams for the future. (Answers will vary.)
day 7 // rekindling my love for painting, crafting, drawing, and the like
Is anyone else doing the #100happydays challenge? I highly recommend it.Pink Orange Happy is the new black.
(Besides these Monday photo-dumps, sometimes I post the photos on Instagram. And sometimes I write on more than just Mondays.)
Is anyone else doing the #100happydays challenge? I highly recommend it.
(Besides these Monday photo-dumps, sometimes I post the photos on Instagram. And sometimes I write on more than just Mondays.)


4 comments:
there is so, so much happy in that photo with you being the tickle monster!
Finding the happy is so refreshing - mostly because it's EVERYWHERE!
What a great post! I choose happy as much as possible, it's just more fun then worrying and dread.
Cheers to being happy.
I LOVE this! How uplifting :) Those tickle fights look like too much fun and all kinds of preciousness! Thanks for this reminder!
Post a Comment