Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday inspiration


It's Sunday. The sun is seriously shining. The view outside my window is bright and tempting. I'm currently lesson planning, thinking about my week ahead and wishing my Sunday didn't revolve around planning and grading.

Mid-sigh, I thought of a fortune cookie I opened earlier this week.


I love to plan; that's probably why I fit so well in the world of teaching and education. I get excited to organize things, I love my pretty planner, and I get a little flustered when I'm unprepared for most things. That being said, I do love to be as spontaneous as much as the next person. My idea of spontaneity involves little and big gestures, so today after looking at the wise words of my fortune cookie...

 I shut my planner.

I needed some fresh air. I wanted to do something for me. Sometimes it just feels good to go outside, walk around, and just be. So, that's exactly what I did. And you know what? It felt really damn good.



I immediately walked to the chapel. Something about a beautiful Sunday just makes you want to walk past a beautiful chapel.  I absolutely love the sounds of church bells, and being outside when they were ringing today was just so... perfect. I just kind of sat there, thinking and relaxing. I know I have a lot to do today, but for that moment, I was just enjoying the day. Soaking it all in.

Vitamin D is good for the soul.

----


I'm now sitting here, on a bench, with my laptop and my papers to grade. It's Sunday, the sun is shining, and the fact that my planner's pretty full at the moment isn't going to stop me from enjoying the day.


Hope the sun is shining wherever you are. Happy Sunday!


xoxo


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love the fortune!!!!


http://www.angela2bunnie.blogspot.com

your newest follower :) xoxo

Megan said...

Awww, what gorgeous pictures! I love the chapel. I wish that we were having a pretty day, but unfortunately its raining like crazy! Although it's peaceful and nice, really!

Lauren Nicole said...

beautiful post and certainly inspiring.
i sure do love fortune cookies! they almost always give us a different outlook on life!

xoxo

Susan said...

Good for you girl! Sometimes that just what you need. Have fun grading!

Anonymous said...

It's so good to just get out and be you. Go you for doing something good for the soul! It's beautiful in your pictures and I know it will start your week off wonderfully!
-Anna
asweetsouthernmess.blogspot.com

Courtney B said...

I definitely need to be better about just LIVING my life instead of planning every detail that I can!
What a perfect, beautiful day for a walk!

The Sweet Life said...

Vitamin D is soooo good for the soul. It's been such a pretty weekend here in good ole' Alabama too! I love the spring weather...can't wait to hit the beach.

Rachel said...

Geeeez I love that fortune. I needed to hear that...love it so much! Glad you got to enjoy a few moments of your weekend--you deserve it :)

P!nky said...

Vitamin D is so important! Good for you, get some sun and have fun!

xoxo

OhioGirl said...

What a perfect Sunday! Its so easy to forget the simple things when we are busy being grown up! Like a certain Mr Lennon said, life is what happens when you're making plans! (or grading!!)

Melissa said...

love that fortune! i found you on the blog hop and im excited to follow along! :)

The Sweet Life said...

Love that fortune....so true!!