Is it Sunday already?
This week really got away from me...
Last time we talked, I was about to start a busy week, and obviously, busy week it was. I've been so preoccupied with student teaching, job applications, and job fairs, that sometimes there's really no room to breathe, much less blog.
Lauren and I drove to PA this week for a job fair. We really want jobs. Apparently, so does everyone else on the east coast. The fair was utter chaos. Madness. Crowded, stuffy, and discouraging. The good news is, I think we might get a few interviews out of the visit, so hopefully it wasn't a completely lost cause.
Lauren and I drove to PA this week for a job fair. We really want jobs. Apparently, so does everyone else on the east coast. The fair was utter chaos. Madness. Crowded, stuffy, and discouraging. The good news is, I think we might get a few interviews out of the visit, so hopefully it wasn't a completely lost cause.

I love teaching, I really do. I think I'll be one of those people who genuinely enjoys what they do for a living. I just have to get there, to my own classroom. Right now, I'm totally consumed with student teaching, and it can get pretty stressful. I know that the experience will help me to become a better teacher, but part of me is so ready to be done with it. I am getting really impatient about the future... it's hard not to be when life after May is totally unknown.
In other news, I should mention that everyone is on Spring Break right now. That is, except for my teacher friends and me. Side-note: I think I’d go crazy here if most of my best friends weren’t teachers. We have to wait until our school systems go on break, and we probably need Spring Break more than anyone. Seriously. {Only 10 more days!}
In other news, I should mention that everyone is on Spring Break right now. That is, except for my teacher friends and me. Side-note: I think I’d go crazy here if most of my best friends weren’t teachers. We have to wait until our school systems go on break, and we probably need Spring Break more than anyone. Seriously. {Only 10 more days!}
Even if we aren't on Spring Break, Friday couldn't have come soon enough! We may not have a break to celebrate, but we celebrated the end of the week anyway.
Don’t be too fooled… after a few happy hour specials, we left to watch Crazy, Stupid, Love. Ryan Gosling sure knows how to liven up a Friday night.
On St. Patty’s Day Saturday, we headed to good ol’ Baltimore, hon. {By we, I mean all of my best teacher friends and me. Ya know, the non-SBers.} The whole city was dressed in green; what a beautiful sight.
We started off the day/night in a squished cab ride...
| {photo taken by Maggie, my tan girlie from Jersey} |
...and ended up watching Irish bartenders dance the jig, drinking Irish crushes, and cheesin'. See photo evidence below:
We love holidays.
Now that I'm finished pretending to be Irish for the day, I’m actually excited to have a productive Sunday in the apartment. While my roommates are away on #SpringBreak2012, I’ll be sipping on some tea, lesson planning, watching Bravo… and most likely repeating this wild schedule until they return next weekend.
How was your holiday weekend? Did you celebrate?
Happy Sunday!
xoxo
5 comments:
Looks like you had a fun St. Patrick's Day! New follower from Sunday Social :)
I wish that I could say that all the stress that comes with student teaching were completely necessary, but it totally isn't. The papers/assignments that you have to do in college, really are useless in real-life teaching. I know that they are part of the learning process, but you learn so much more when you become a real teacher and the experience that comes with time. Ya know? I am def one of those people who love what they do. Someone asked me what the most challenging part of job was the other day and I literally couldn't think of an answer. I love everything about it....the good def outweighs any bads. Looks like you had a fabulous St. Patty's Day. Happy productive Sunday. XoXo
Hi there,
I am new here from social sunday.
I love that you pretended to be irish for the day!
We watched Rugby over here in the UK.
Anyway, stop by if you have time! :)
thanks for the comment on my post, your blog is WONDYful! i'm excited to read more:)
i embarked in the chaos of NYC st patty's day. pretty nuts, but fun, fun, fun!
stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! new follower!!! and i LOVE LOVE sangria!!
http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com
Post a Comment