Monday, November 19, 2012

This bliss


People that know me really well have always jokingly, yet seriously predicted that years from now, they'll walk into my house to find two things: lots of laughing kids and a home-cooked pot roast that I whipped up just for the occasion, whatever it may be. 

Maybe now you won't be surprised when I tell you that this weekend and I got along really well.


To start, I got to spend a whole day with Sam's niece. We had a really great day, little peanut and me.  Leaf-playing, park-swinging, picture-taking and city-exploring were all involved.


Better yet, after the day was done, she got to go home and I got to relax.  Someday I'll be ready for the whole package, but for right now, this was perfect.


Then, on Saturday, I hosted my first party, in my first home. MILESTONE.



Thank goodness I live with this girl; we're one in the same. We were totally in our element as we cooked, entertained, and celebrated our first annual Friendsgiving with the best of them. 


One of the most popular features of our hostess-debut? The mashed potato bar. It's all in the details...


Another special touch? This book of thankful thoughts. It's been dubbed as the new Friendsgiving tradition. Everyone will write what they are thankful for in the book year after year. (Open for a good laugh or a good cry. That's the beauty of the book.)


End bliss.


This weekend was ideal. It further proved what myself, and everyone else, has been saying all along...


Babies and parties. I can't help but love 'em.



3 comments:

anna lizbeth said...

love the book and so excited to host your first party in your first home!

Lacey in the City said...

Ohh I love the mash bar! I am hosting my first Thanksgiving for my family and I love this idea! I clicked over to you through Al (Traffic Jelly)'s blog - good to meet ya!

Anonymous said...

A mashed potato bar? I'm all for that. Great idea!