Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Treat yo'self

That's right. 

I give you: a few of my favorite words to live by... made famously hilarious by Parks and Rec last season. All the more true, my friends. 

As of late, I am all about treating myself. My personal "treat yo'self" typically occurs from the moment I exit the work week, to Sunday evenings, when I attempt to relax & prep for the bunches of little humans I see all week. 

Sometimes, it's just necessary. 

Ladies, I encourage you to follow my lead. Scratch that. I double-dog-dare you to TREAT yo'self.


 Example 1: Grab a few friends, find the best happy hour location nearest you, plan to stay for the specials only, and instead, stay for the night's entirety. Fun will inevitably ensue. If it doesn't, you're not doing it right. Treat yo'self.


2: Drop that hummus-dipped veggie for one of these festive faves and go crazy. You can swing it. Just try not to eat the whole bag... You guys, that was ONE. TIME. Treat yo'self.


Call up one of your oldest girlfriends and plan a night out. Maybe add her to that happy hour scenario up there... Old stories and laughing-til-we-pee grand ol' times are soon to follow. You guys... okay, this happened more than one time. Treat yo'self.


Stop for breakfast on the way to work, you over-achieving early-arriver. Try something new. Preferably smothered with pumpkin cream cheese. You won't regret it. Treat yo'self.


And, if you want to play this game mid-week, here's how that might go:


-- Try not to fall asleep before 9. You really want to watch Parenthood, right? Right. You've also missed about five episodes of each Housewives season, which is like, INexcusable. Welp, there you go again; already drooling on that pillow. WAKE UP. Come on, can't you at least attempt to treat yo'self?

Lesson learned. This game is best played after the work week, but is always encouraged.

Try it.

How would you treat yo'self?

2 comments:

Brie Bemis @ Sophistifunk said...

loved this post! you should make it a link up :) and the pumpkin cream cheese sounds amazing, i'm a sucker for anything pumpkin flavored!

p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.com

CapeCodCollegiate said...

Oh this sounds terrible, but I treat myself to a dollar diet coke from Micky D's almost every day! Its just my little something to look forward to! I get to take a nice little ride, be alone for a bit, and then when I get back I'm ready to embrace what the rest of the day has in store for me.. usually more work. haha

I am a firm believer in always treatin' yo'self.

xx