... and only last week was filmed, my movie would have five scenes.
scene one: ice cream and toddler snuggles and all the happies
(No other description required.)
scene two: crafting, dreaming, doing, loving
There would be lots of crafting and creating, followed by a decent amount of gratitude and contentment for doing something that I love, as well as the response that occurred after taking the risk to do just that.
scene three: a day in my classroom
And if the movie only showed my last week, the classroom scenes would be sweeter than ever. I would watch this scene on repeat on days when things didn't go as planned in this space of ours. I would watch it as a reminder of how even when I don't always feel like it, I know that the little minds in that room are growing and learning and loving their time in fourth grade.
scene four: moments with my love, my friends and my family
I got to see almost everyone in my family this weekend. I hosted a spontaneous cookout with some of my best friends this weekend. In short, this weekend was filled with my people. It ended with a Mother's Day celebration, a little baseball, some sunshine, and lots of laughs. (And Old Bay beer. That's a thing now, you know.)
scene five: simplicity
The final scene of my week's movie would be a simple still-shot of the picture above. One of my fourth-graders spoke these honest and amazing words during a discussion about one of the books we're reading in class. I had to stop for a minute shortly after to write them down so they wouldn't fall out of my mind. Her words stuck with me, and I think they will continue to stick with me, because of their truth and innocence. (And awesomeness.)

2 comments:
why are children so smart?! That is a perfect quote said by a 4th grader.
I love it, love it. You are so freaking creative with your blog posts, girl. Figures that it translates into your crafts/art! xox
Post a Comment